Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Lord, shine in all that I do!


I had a discussion with a friend not long ago about how unhappy she was with her job. She absolutely hates it. I pray that she will use her situation to let God shine through her life instead of just getting through the day. It made me think. How many times do I complain about things I don't like? Obviously, whatever situation I am in, God has me there for a reason, and he always has something to teach me.  I don't want to wait for a particular event to happen before I am happy. I will choose to be happy today.  That is what allows me to live, instead of just exist.  My Dad gave me a good reminder today of worshipping God in every situation. If I don't like a particular situation, I want to be reminded that it is in God's hands, and my part is to ask myself, "how can I worship God right now?" That's it. In all that I do;  in my relationships, in a job, in school, in life, "Am I worshipping you, God"? Lord help me to look for the best in every situation. When my time comes to meet you, I want to be able to say, "I made the very best out of every single day you gave me". 

1 comment: