Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pure Goodness




I have lived on this earth for 28 years so far. I have learned some good lessons, some hard ones and I surely have more to learn. I've seen some good and bad along the way. I have been a great person to some, and I have let others down. I've been lifted up by great people, and I've also been let down by great people. This is the reality of our humanity.

 But God offers us something better. God offers us Love and grace... to accept, and to give.  I have learned what Grace looks like, in how God shows me grace in all of my sin, and in how through Him, I've been able to show grace to others.

 I never want to stop learning about these gifts of love and grace. I hope I never stop feeling them. I want to be reminded daily that God is always for me. He overwhelms my soul with His goodness and the way He satisfies me beyond any tangible thing or person in this life. His love never fails and even when I've walked through a pit of darkness, His undying love never gives up on me. His love is great. His promises are new each morning.

Psalm 103 says,

"Praise The Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name. Praise The Lord O my soul, and forget not  His benefits- Who forgives all your sins and heals you, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagles."

I don't know about you, but I've been let down by this world. But the good news is, I don't have to let that define me. I want to hold onto a promise like Psalm 103. I want that pure goodness that comes from my father in heaven who so deeply loves me. I am His. In all of my shortcomings and in all of my sin, He delights in me and offers His grace. Over and over. He is good, when there is nothing good in me.

I know of God's goodness because I have tasted it, and He promises to never leave me thirsty.

"Praise be to The Lord forever! Amen and Amen."

- Psalm 89-52

No comments: